On this course you will make a sample bespoke curtain lined with a tape heading. This sample curtain is made mostly by hand apart from the lining hem and tape across the top heading.
To attend this course you should have some basic knowledge of how to use the sewing machine as certain aspects of the curtain are stitched using the sewing machine ie. tape and lining hem.
You will learn how to make a sample curtain which will be a great reference tool for you enabling you to make your make your own curtains independently at home.
- How to measure and work out fabric quantities
- How to cut out and square face and lining fabric
- How to press and stitch mitres
- How to prepare curtain and lining before attaching lining
- How to attach tape and pull to correct width
This one day course will finish close to 4 pm depending on how the day goes. Please bring a packed lunch with you on the day.